How do you stay healthier on a daily basis?
Healthy body, healthy mind – that’s how the saying goes. If you’re looking to be healthier on a daily basis then exercise is going to be an important part of that. Moving our bodies, building strength, flexibility, and mobility are all incredibly important at any age and any stage in life – and can contribute to more positive mental health too. So, if you’re looking to stay healthier on a daily basis here are a few tips on how to incorporate exercise into your routine.
- Fit your exercise around your day, not the other way around. If you want to get 60 minutes of exercise in every day then you don’t need to block out a whole hour to achieve this. Instead, try piecing a workout together over the course of the day around other commitments and activities. You’ll still get all the benefits but none of the scheduling stress.
- Use accountability to motivate. One of the best ways to ensure you stay healthier with exercise is through accountability. Commit to classes and find a friend to exercise with so you have more reason to show up each time.
- Pick up your pace. You can do a lot to increase your fitness by simply being a bit speedier. Walking faster can contribute to weight control, which is a big part of staying healthier. If you’re not sure what kind of pace that is, think about how you’d walk if you were late to meet someone.
- Put your phone down. Spending more time IRL is really good for your mental health and can also have some physical health benefits too. For example, it will reduce the amount of time you spend sitting and being still and mean you’re much more likely to be active and move around. The more activity in your day, the better.
- Find something that you love doing. Motivation is much easier to achieve when you’re doing something you love, so experiment with different types of exercise until you find something you enjoy. That might be running, or it might be dancing – both will elevate your heart rate and help you get fitter.
- Set some short-term goals. Goals are another great way to ensure that you stay motivated and always feel like it’s worth getting your exercise kit on. Short-term goals work really well, as there is an incentive followed by a fairly swift reward. You could set personal goals or sign up for an event to keep you motivated.
- Use the time you sit to get fit. If you’re watching TV, for example, you could try incorporating some simple exercises. Or set a timer for every hour at work and then get up and move around, so you’re increasing how much you move every day.
Exercise is one of the simplest tools that we have for staying healthier on a daily basis. There are lots of ways to incorporate this into your daily routine and enjoy all the benefits that can bring. The MyLife365.Me app is designed to help you take care of your internal health by simply logging what you eat, drink and exercise.