Benefits of living a healthy lifestyle
What makes a healthy lifestyle is going to be different for everyone. However, it will generally include a balance of plenty of activity, as well as nutritious food, getting enough sleep, having a fulfilling job and strong social connections. There are lots of ways that a healthy lifestyle can help you to get more out of your life – here are just some of the benefits:
- You’ll be more comfortable in your body and able to enjoy it more. A healthy lifestyle can help you to feel good in your skin, and physical health means that you’re able to do the things you want to do and live in the way that you want to. The key here is to add more activity to your daily life but do this based on what brings you joy, making it more sustainable.
- Mental health benefits. When you have a healthy lifestyle, you’ll enjoy a range of benefits to your mental health, as well as your physical health. For example, getting enough sleep is important for everything, from how your body handles food to how you feel daily.
- You’ll have the energy to live your life the way you want to. Food that nourishes you, enough rest and enough sleep are some of the healthy lifestyle factors that will contribute to whether or not you have the motivation, drive and energy to do the things you want to do. The more energy you have every day, the easier it will be to reach your goals and avoid a situation where you have regrets when you’re looking back on life.
- Improving your mood. There is a lot evidence now that supports the positive impact a healthier lifestyle can have on how you feel. For example, healthy fats like Omega-3 (which you’ll find in fatty fish like salmon) can help to reduce depression and balance mood disorders. Exercise is also really good for your mood as it releases serotonin, also known as the happy hormone.
- Staying healthier for longer. With a more balanced and healthy lifestyle, you now have more chance of avoiding certain health problems further down the line. Many studies have now found that a healthier lifestyle can help you to avoid chronic diseases, and it will definitely play a part in reducing the potential to end up with challenging conditions like diabetes, obesity and heart disease.
- The opportunity to save money. When you’re cooking for yourself and nourishing yourself with nutrient-dense foods, you can actually save cash because you’ll be more organised and into meal planning – and less likely to splurge frequently on expensive takeaways.
- The satisfaction of reaching goals. Health goals are a great way to motivate yourself to stay on track and get a sense of satisfaction every time you reach one. These don’t have to be around weight loss but could focus on participating in an event or activity instead.
These are just some benefits anyone can enjoy from living a healthier lifestyle. The MyLife365.Me app is designed to help you take care of your internal health by simply logging what you eat, drink and exercise…